- Central University of Tamilnadu Recruitment 2015 for Assistant Professors
- General Service Organization Recruitment 2015 for Scientific Officer And Other
- Cabinet Secretariat Recruitment 2015 for Interpreter
- NMDC Karnataka Recruitment 2015 for Jr.Assistant And Miscellaneous Attendant
- IAF Haryana Recruitment 2015 for Telephone Operator
- SSC SR Chennai Recruitment 2015 for Technical Assistant And Other
- IBPS CWE Notification 2015 for Posts of Clerical Cadre -V
- Employment News Job Highlights this Week 25th July 2015 to 31st July 2015
- CCRAS Patna Recruitment 2015 for Data Entry Operator And Other
- CGPDTM Mumbai Recruitment 2015 for Examiner of Patent And Design
Jobs By Profession
Jobs By Location
- Jobs in Delhi
- Jobs in Bangalore
- Jobs in Chennai
- Jobs in Hyderabad
- Jobs in Pune
- Jobs in Andhra Pradesh
- Jobs in Kolkata
- Jobs in UP
- Jobs in Bihar
- Jobs in Gujarat
- Jobs in Karnataka
- Jobs in Maharashtra
- Jobs in Rajasthan
- Jobs in Assam
- Jobs in Himachal Pradesh
- Jobs in Jharkhand
- Jobs in Kerala
- Jobs in Chhattisgarh
- Jobs in Orissa
- Jobs in Punjab
- Jobs in Tamilnadu
- Jobs in Uttarakhand
- Jobs in West Bengal
LIC AAO Sample Questions – Solved
LIC AAO Exam Sample Questions:
Below are given some sample questions for the objective type test. The types of questions are only illustrative and not exhaustive. In actual examination you may find questions on some or all of these types and also questions on the types not mentioned here.
TEST I : REASONING ABILITY
This test is to see how well you can think. It contains questions of various kinds. Here are some sample questions.
Directions : In each of the following questions, there are five letter groups or words given. Four of the five are alike in a certain way, while one is different. You have to find out the one which is different.
Q.1. (1) black (2) red (3) green (4) yellow (5) paint
Of the five, ‘black’, ‘red’, ‘green’ and ‘yellow’ form a group as they are names of colours. ‘Paint’ is not the name of a colour. Therefore (5) is the answer.
Now try to solve the following question.
Q.2. (1) XZ (2) MN (3) PQ (4) BC (5) ST
Following is the question based on analogy.
Q.3. “Foot” is related to “Man” in the same way as “Hoof” is related to –––––
(1) Leg (2) Horse (3) Dog (4) Boy (5) Shoe
In the above example, with which one of the five, “Hoof” has the same relationship as “Foot” has to “Man” ? The answer is “Horse”, which is answer number (2).
Now try the following question.
Q.4. “Day” is related to “Night” in the same way as “Kind” is related to –––––
(1) Cruel (2) Bright (3) Dark (4) Generous (5) Gratitude
Now try the following question.
Q.5. If the letters in the word TOPS can be rearranged to form a meaningful word beginning with O, the last letter of that word is your answer. If more than one such word can be formed, M is the answer and if no such word can be formed, X is the answer.
(1) T (2) P (3) M (4) S (5) X
TEST II : NUMERICALABILITY
This test measures how well you are in dealing with numbers and computing basic arithmetic operations. It also tests your arithmetic reasoning potential. Study the following questions.
Directions : In each of the following questions one number is missing. The place where the number is missing is shown by a question mark (?). You have to find out which one of the answers shown against 1, 2, 3 and 4 can replace the question mark. If none of these four can replace the question mark, you will indicate (5) i.e. ‘None of these’ as your answer.
Q.6. 42 + 73 + 137 = ?
(1) 352 (2) 252 (3) 242 (4) 142 (5) None of these
Q.7. 20 × 1/2 = ?
(1) 4 (2) 5 (3) 12 (4) 20 (5) None of these
Some of the questions may require arithmetical reasoning. For example :
Q.8. At 10 paise each, how many paise will 6 lemons cost ?
(1) 6 (2) 10 (3) 60 (4) 61 (5) None of these
Q.9. Which of the following can be exact multiple of 4 ?
(1) 27114 (2) 58204 (3) 48402 (4) 32286 (5) None of these
Q.10. If the profit made by selling a pen for Rs.10 is as much as its cost, what is the cost price of the pen ?
(1) Rs.3/- (2) Rs.5/- (3) Rs.10/- (4) Rs.20/- (5) None of these
TEST III : GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND CURRENTAFFAIRS
This test measures your awareness of the events happening in the world around. Your General Knowledge and Knowledge about current affairs would be tested through social and cultural events, current events on national and international importance, events of common public interest, sports, scientific inventions and like.
Q.11. The Life Insurance Corporation of India came into being in the year ______
(1) 1973 (2) 1969 (3) 1966 (4) 1956 (5) None of these
The right answer to the above question is 1956 i.e. ‘4’
Q.12. Which of the following authorities issues licences to LIC agents in India ?
(1) IRDA (2) RBI (3) LIC (4) SEBI (5) None of these
The right answer to the above question is IRDA i.e. ‘1’
TEST IV : COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE
Q.13. Every component of your computer is either ____
(1) software or CPU / RAM (2) hardware or software
(3) application software or system software (4) an input device or output device
(5) None of these
Q.14. The function of CPU is –––
(1) to provide external storage of text
(2) to create a hard copy
(3) to create a new software
(4) to read, interpret and process the information and instruction
(5) none of these
Q.15. Pick the odd man out.
(1) Monitor (2) Keyboard (3) Floppy drive (4) Windows (5) Hard-disk drive
Q.16. The full form of LAN is –––
(1) Local Access Network (2) Local Area Network (3) Long Area Node
(4) Local Area Node (5) None of these4
TEST V : ENGLISH LANGUAGE WITH SPECIAL EMPHASIS ON GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY AND COMPREHENSION
This is a test to see how well you ‘know’ English. Your English language ability would be tested through questions on grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of a passage, etc. Study and answer the sample questions given below. Please remember, in the test proper there may be questions of several other types also.
Directions : Pick out the most appropriate word from amongst the words given below each sentence to complete it meaningfully.
Q.17. He quickly glanced ………………………… the book to find what it said about the Indian economy.
(1) at (2) through (3) in (4) to (5) over
The correct answer is “through” which is answer No. 2.
Q.18. The counsel urged the court to ……………………… down the obnoxious law.
(1) enact (2) enforce (3) cancel (4) strike (5) declare
Q.19. The local official ……………………… the Minister of the situation.
(1) explained (2) warned (3) apprised (4) told (5) intimated
Directions : Read each sentence given below to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part of the sentence is your answer. If there is no error, the answer is ‘5’. (Ignore errors of punctuations, if any)
Q.20. I am twenty / two years old / when I first / joined the bank. No error
(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)
The error is in (1). Therefore the answer is ‘1’.
Q.21. To the Hindus / the Ganga is / holier than / any other river. No error
(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)
In this question, there is no error; Hence the right answer to this question is ‘5’.
Now attempt the following question.
Q.22. Of all the teachers / in our school / our class teacher / were very strict. No error
(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)
Directions : In each of the following questions select from amongst the five alternatives, the word nearest in meaning to the word given in capitals.
(1) a guard (2) a hundred years (3) a very old man (4) hundred runs (5) hundredth anniversary
(1) conquer (2) smash (3) earn (4) brave (5) capture
Directions : In each of the following questions, select from amongst the five alternatives, the word most opposite in meaning of the word given in capitals.
(1) Simple (2) weak (3) dull (4) angry (5) moron
(1) Adequate (2) available (3) sluggish (4) negligent (5) intentional
In addition to the above questions, there will be a passage in English for comprehension. You will be asked questions based on the passage. There may be some other types of questions also.
Subscribe for Free Job Alerts
Join us on Facebook for regular updates and information
For more information on this or recommendations leave a comment below or contact us at – email@example.com
To Get Latest Updates on Top Most Schools and Colleges - Visit Here
- Related Tags
- UGC NET Exam Center List – Deendayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University | Exam To Be Held on 29.12.2013
- UGC NET Exam Center List – Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University | Exam To Be Held on 29.12.2013
- UGC NET Exam Center List – Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya | Exam To Be Held on 29.12.2013
- UGC NET Exam Center List – College of Vocational Studies, Triveni | Exam To Be Held on 29.12.2013
- UGC NET Exam Center List – Cochin University | Exam To Be Held on 29.12.2013
SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER
- USEFUL ARTICLES
- LATEST ANNOUNCEMENTS
- IBPS RRB Recruitment 2014-15
- GATE 2015 – Recruitment of Engineering Graduates
- How to Download Admit Card Online
- How to Download Result Online
- How To Avoid Stress During Exam
- Tips to crack Interview.
- How To Fill Online Application Form
- MBA Admission Tests in India
- Top 10 MBA Colleges in India
- Tips To Minimize Negative Marks
- 10 Exam Tips Practice to Get Better Marks