The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) jointly administer the conduct of GATE. The operations related to GATE in each of the 8 zones are managed by a zonal GATE Office at the IITs or IISc.
The Organizing Institute (OI) is responsible for the end-to-end process and coordination amongst the administering Institutes. The Organizing Institute for GATE 2016 will be IISc Bangalore.
GATE application forms can be filled from September 01, 2015 to October 01, 2015.
About GATE 2016
GATE 2016 will be held on 30th January, 1st , 6th 7th, and 21st February, 2016. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is being organized by IISC Bengaluru. Students across the country are gearing up to appear in the biggest PG exam for engineering and science. GATE 2016 syllabus, dates and other updates are given here.
Basic Features of GATE 2016
- Examinations for all the 23 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions shall be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- Biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start of the examination.
- GATE 2016 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 30th January 2016 and 07th February 2016. Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2016 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date.
- For GATE 2016 the entire process of filling up of application form, uploading of certificates/documents etc., will be online and the candidates should not send any hard copy of their application form/documents etc., to IISc or any of the IIT’s zonal GATE office.
- The payment of application fees would be through electronic mode online as well as through payment at bank counters using e-challan.
- The admit cards for GATE 2016 would be available through the online process only. Candidates can download their admit card from GATE 2016 website. No printed copy of admit cards will be posted to the candidates.
GATE 2016 Important Dates:
|September 1, 2015 (Tuesday)|
|November 20, 2015 (Friday)|
|December 17, 2015 (Thursday)|
|GATE 2016 Online Examination||January 30 to February 07, 2016|
|March 19, 2016 (Saturday)|